Position: Vice President of Investor and Public Relations
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
Reporting into the CEO, the Vice President of Investor and Public Relations will develop communication strategies addressing the investor community, craft cohesive communications plans, and apply appropriate key analytics. The VP will develop and maintain close relationships with key investors and analysts by communicating Karyopharm’s story on a continuous, transparent and consistent basis, in compliance with corporate policies and securities regulations.
- Develop, implement, and manage a strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure fair valuation of the company and accurate understanding of the company story and evolution with both the sell-side and buy-side
- Identify key issues and opportunities for investor communications and develop innovative investor relations strategies and programs accordingly, ensuring investor relations initiatives are effectively linked to corporate and department goals
- Develop and lead review of investor-facing communications materials, including corporate announcements, investor presentations, press releases, conference call scripts, Q&As, and backgrounders
- Partner with numerous functions in the company including but not limited to marketing, medical affairs, and clinical development, to enable accurate and optimal creation, evolution and delivery of key messages, and to ensure that investor communications are aligned with communications across all external audiences
- Ensure executive team is up to date on investor and analyst perceptions of the company; recommend and implement any necessary course corrections in messaging and relationship management
- Identify targeted institutional investors on an ongoing basis and build relationships
- Monitor industry and competitor developments, alert management and prepare proactive and reactive plans as needed
- Monitor industry-wide investor relations developments and provide guidance when necessary
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses to all external inquiries from investors, analysts
- Serve as the corporate liaison to institutional investors and analysts
- Bachelors/Masters degree and 15+ years of relevant work experience, in investor relations, finance and deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry. Public pharmaceutical company experience is a strong preference.
- Demonstrated relationships with buy-side investors and sell-side analysts
- Excellent ability to develop relationships and a proven ability to interact with individuals at all levels and in all environments
- Proven success working within a fast paced, dynamic work environment which requires the collaboration of multiple groups
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: