Position: Vice President – Information Technology
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
Karyopharm Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a critical role responsible for the strategy and management of all technology services in our organization. This experienced pharmaceutical IT professional must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. This highly visible role will lead the evolution of Karyopharm’s IT infrastructure from clinical development to commercialization and serve as the company wide IT leader and expert in our global and cloud environment. The Vice President of IT will have demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action, excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Establishing the company’s future information technology vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technological development, including further team development to support all help-desk aspects, system implementation and maintenance;
- Driving and implementing strategies that leverage technology and partner closely with senior function leaders to align the application portfolio with organizational goals
- Designing and customizing IT systems and platforms
- Overseeing the technology infrastructure (networks and computer systems) to ensure optimal performance
- Managing the systemic integration of GxP compliant IT systems within the company’s research, manufacturing and clinical activities
- Managing IT budget, including making recommendations to the senior management team on funding required for both on-going operations and strategic initiatives, as well as tracking IT expenditures to support the finance team
- Analyzing and advising management regarding the costs, benefits and risks of information technology deployed and under consideration
- Selecting IT vendors and contractors, participating in contract negotiations, monitoring vendor performance and managing vendor relations
- Oversee all aspects of IT security and governance for the protection of electronic information, intellectual property and assets
- Working closely with the legal, financial and regulatory teams and external auditors to ensure technology compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA, SOx)
- Working closely with the R&D teams to enable and support bioinformatics and other data-intensive functions
- Executing IT initiatives while bringing creative technology solutions to improve all business sectors in collaboration with department heads and multiple stakeholders
- Driving telecommunications strategy, including office automation, phone and video conferencing
- Creating and maintain appropriate maintenance, storage/retrieval, backup, and disaster recovery processes to ensure seamless operation of IT systems
- Providing technical support of all IT platforms, either directly or through consultants/contractors rep.
- Organizing and directing a wide array of IT-related projects
- Background in information Technology and business administration
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a pertinent discipline is required
- Prior experience in a biopharmaceutical company supporting the transition to a commercial organization is required
- 10 plus years’ experience
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: