Position: Sr Manager HCP Marketing
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases. www.karyopharm.com. KARYOPHARM anticipate its first FDA approval of its lead compound: selinexor in the first half of CY2019.
The Senior Manager HCP Marketing is responsible for designing and seeing the successful implementation of the Strategy, positioning, key messages, and core tactics associated with the promotion of selinexor on the US market with a specific focus on informing and educating prescribing Health Care professionals (HCPs) such as physicians and driving the business. This individual will report to the Sr Director of US selinexor marketing and will work collaboratively with several cross functional partners including: sales, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, RN marketing, payer/Patient marketing, commercial analytics, legal and others.
- Support development of annual brand plan and implement tactical plan for HCP audience. As such, helps to guide strategic decisions and ensuring flawless execution of promotional programs for health care professionals
- Develops positioning and core product messages based on FDA label and product vision including future possible indications
- Partners with Analytics to distill insight, validate business opportunities, optimize marketing mix, and monitor ROI of individual tactics
- Identifies critical design elements for initiatives/ promotions designed to inspire desired HCP behavior change
- Makes strategic choices when prioritizing & commissioning tactics
- Develops creative briefs for agency; assures brand execution of messaging & strategy
- Implement and execute HCP-focused promotional programs and tactics to ensure delivery against brand strategies, including development of work plans, routing of programs through the Promotional Activities Review Committee Process (PARC)
- Manages KOL relationships and execution of ad boards
- Leverages brand insight to inform segmentation, channel mix preferences, and targeting of HCPs
- Develops promotional peer-to- peer strategy and content including the opinion leader engagement strategy, speaker bureau, and congresses
- Leads key promotional sales programs to increase appropriate product utilization partnering across customer segments: HCP, RN, Advocacy, Patients, Payers
- Coordinates the work of agency of record, multiple external vendors and internal departments including marketing, analytics, operations, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, compliance, and IT
- Collaborate with sales training to ensure effective, impactful, world-class training on promotional tools and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Experience in pharmaceutical specialty marketing or sales with a track record of increasing responsibilities.
- 2+ years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for specialty products
- Experience in oncology marketing or other relevant specialty markets a strong plus; clinical acumen
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure flawless execution
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact and Ability to effectively gather feedback from sales teams
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners and Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including Ability to effectively communicate with customers (HCPs, Sales team)
- Excellent presentation skills in large audience settings
- Proven track record of working effectively with regulatory, legal and medical teams in approval of multiple promotional materials
- Significant experience in managing budgets including assessing level of investment, tactical planning, budget allocation, timely initiation of projects and billing to keep on track against planned targets
- Strong understanding of regulations and compliance requirements which govern the industry required.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders (local and remote) in a small and entrepreneurial team
- High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate Headquarters in Newton, MA or be willing to relocate
- Approximately 25% of domestic travel may be required to attend important meetings. Travel may be outside of normal working hours and over weekends
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: