Position: Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs will play an active role in supporting key regulatory, commercialization, clinical, safety and reimbursement initiatives. The candidate will engage key opinion leaders in understanding the mechanism of action of Selinexor and other portfolio therapeutics, and how these products can positively impact oncology standards of care.
As we approach commercialization the candidate will collaborate closely with marketing and commercial teams, and our strategic partners, to provide medical input into product strategies, and to support medical marketing activities.
- Head Medical Affairs operations for all programs and assure high quality achievement of corporate goals, and enable successful product launches and post-launch support.
- Head of IST program
- Serve as key medical resource in developing strategy and prioritizing issues related to the medical marketplace, and provide market place feedback to development teams, commercial teams, and management.
- Provide strategic leadership to teams developing and managing post marketing clinical trials.
- Assist in the development of expanded access/compassionate use strategies and implementation.
- Mentor and support the professional development of the Medical Affairs team.
- Provide oral and written presentations on the clinical aspects under study and Karyopharm clinical programs to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Partner with the commercial organization in supporting effective payer/reimbursement relations and outcomes research. Provide relevant feedback to the commercial team to ensure optimal pricing and reimbursement
- Provide Medical leadership to the Commercial organization to assist in the development and execution of compliant commercial activities.
- Oversee the development of an effective training/competitive intelligence program on the disease, products and competing therapies, and ensure timely communications to stakeholders.
- Lead the development and alignment of product life cycle management strategy and tactics to define and prioritize future investment.
- Ensure the scientific integrity of sponsored and supported research disease and product information, and the relationships with healthcare providers and patient advocacy groups.
- Supervise and expand multi-disciplinary teams to develop and deliver programs, to facilitate product access and improve the lives of our patients. This includes educational and promotional information as well as clinical support and reimbursement.
- Act as liaison to healthcare professionals (HCPs), oncology advocacy groups, and other professional organizations within the pharmaceutical industry
- Aid in the development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), including the provision of information and other supports to recognized experts in the field
- Present relevant scientific information at marketing functions
- Maintain oversight and accountability for drug safety, reviewing individual adverse event reports and aggregate adverse event statistics post market
- Provide expert opinion on the current trends in the pathophysiology, diagnosis, existing and emerging treatment options, as well as unmet medical needs in oncology or within the cancer-related arena to inform key medical and business decisions
- Deliver scientific expertise into the development programs and lifecycle management activities within oncology or cancer-related diseases, as well as business development opportunities
- Participate in formal scientific review of submitted investigator sponsored trials (ISTs) and related medical affairs activities
- Advanced medical degree (MD, MD-PhD, DO, PharmD), required board certification preferred.
- 10+ years’ pharmaceutical, biotech, or similar academic institution experience
- 8+ years’ progressive experience in oncology or cancer-related diseases
- Ability to effectively manage teams of peers and work closely with external physicians/scientists
- Demonstrated complete understanding of the Medical Affairs function
- Experience with health economics, MDI, publications, and CME
- Knowledge of scientific methods, research design, and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through clinical experience and clinical research studies
- Proven ability to maintain scientific credibility while being commercially supportive
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: