Position: Senior Manager Market Research
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases. www.karyopharm.com. KARYOPHARM anticipate its first FDA approval of its lead compound: selinexor in the first half of CY2019.
The Sr Manager Market Research will is responsible for designing and delivering qualitative and quantitative data analyses to address business issues, synthesizing objective insights, and guiding strategic decision making for the Company. He/She drives and influences product strategy and tactical planning by identifying brand, disease and market issues, opportunities, and needs through appropriate market research analysis; developing insights and effectively communicate actionable recommendations to leadership and the marketing team. The Senior Manager has a broad understanding of pharmaceutical data, disease knowledge, and which methodology and data source can be leveraged in order to answer business questions most effectively.
- Proactively develops and execute market research plans and initiatives to drive customer insights unlocking a competitive edge for selinexor across its planned indications.
- Ability to work independently and leverage “Best in Class” tools and techniques to uncover unmet/underserved consumer needs and identify Innovation opportunities.
- Leverage data and specialty expertise in analysis, with marketing, finance, forecasting, competitive intelligence, publications, scientific conference coverage, business development, medical and clinical affairs, strategic or tactical work streams for long-term and short-term impact.
- Able to be decisive in selecting methods and prioritization of competing strategic/tactical needs, strong budget/scope/program management, strong consultative influence skills.
- Strong skills in identifying competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Proactively executes tactical market research programs to inform and guide Commercial and Executive Leadership Team.
- Influences key stakeholder’s decisions that drive business impact in the near to mid – term (1-5 years) by effectively communicating relevant consumer and business insights and leveraging knowledge from others related business strategy and objectives.
- Collaborate effectively with various internal stakeholders and/or manage vendors in the development and execution of the market research plans and reporting
- Ensures compliance with relevant SOP and industry ethics for market research operations, works with internal partners and management to ensure compliance
- Monitors and reports on project-specific delivery, expenses, and other operational metrics.
- Build internal stakeholder relationships from a variety of groups (i.e. marketing, sales, data systems, CI, Medical Affairs, Legal, Market Access etc)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree/PhD and/or Scientific background a plus
- 4+ years analytical, consulting, insights generation or pharmaceutical commercialization experience in specialty care or oncology care required
- Preferred 3+ years in healthcare industry working experience required
- Advanced understanding of market research principles, techniques and industry ethics/compliance, and specialty care required
- Excellent project management skills, in a face-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in a broad range of primary market research methodologies
- Critical and logical thinking skills to develop actionable insights and recommendations from research
- Proven ability to communicate, strategize and collaborate effectively with senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse teams
- Thorough knowledge of drug commercialization
- Good business acumen, strategic thinking, analytical/financial skills
- Working knowledge of secondary healthcare data (e.g. prescription and patient databases)
- Ability to quickly gain therapeutic knowledge
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders in a small and entrepreneurial team
- High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate Headquarters in Newton, MA or be willing to relocate
- Approximately 25% of domestic travel may be required to attend important meetings. Travel may be outside of normal working hours and over weekends
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: