Position: Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for the identification and engagement of a targeted group of national and regional thought leaders/healthcare professionals (HCPs), as well as payers and managed care accounts. This position provides consistent delivery of educational and compliant scientific information in support of Karyopharm’s pipeline.
We are looking to hire MSL’s in multiple locations throughout the U.S. When applying, please indicate which of the following territories you are interested in covering: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West, and Northwest
- Identify and develop relationships with community/academic thought leaders along with treatment advocates on a local, regional, and national level.
- Serve as Karyopharm’s scientific representative to the medical community and facilitate the appropriate exchange of scientific information.
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers.
- Utilize approved resources to address customer needs, ensuring they are in compliance with all guidelines and regulations.
- In partnership with clinical operations, support trial awareness, enrollment, and identification of potential sites/investigators for clinical trial participation.
- Serve as the key liaison for all aspects of investigator sponsored research.
- Communicate therapeutic market trends which may impact Karyopharm’s pipeline.
- Participate and support advisory boards and steering committees.
- Lead and/or participate on committee/project teams which support MSL strategies as delegated by MSL leadership
- Gain feedback through field interactions with HCPs to uncover collaboration opportunities and pair customer’s unmet needs with available internal resources.
- The candidate will assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hires and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
- Advanced doctoral degree preferred (e.g. PharmD, MD, DO, or PhD). Candidates with a clinical background (e.g. MSN, PA) and extensive hematology/oncology MSL experience will be considered.
- 3+ years’ MSL experience in oncology required, hematology/oncology preferred.
- Product launch experience a plus.
- Clinical experience beneficial.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in dynamic settings with short timelines.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with influential thought leaders.
- Thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as necessary (up to 75% including some weekends).
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: