Position: Medical Communications Manager
KaryopharmTherapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Publications, the Medical Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the publication of clinical oncology manuscripts for company sponsored trials of SINE™ compounds and the review of abstracts, manuscripts, posters, and other communications materials, as appropriate. In addition to utilizing strong editing skills, this person will also ensure accuracy of scientific data and interpretation of results.
- Strategically collaborates and supports Associate Director of Publications on the development and tracking of a clinical publications plan
- Leads collaboration with authors on the drafting, writing, review and editing of manuscripts
- Facilitates internal review of manuscripts and works with Document Coordinator for review of other communications materials
- Works with authors on the submission of manuscripts to peer review journals
- Supports authors by responding to questions from editorial review
- Works cross-functionally and collaborates with the Biology, Legal, Clinical and Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST) teams
- Scientific degree (MS or PhD)
- A minimum of 2+ years pharmaceutical industry experience in a therapeutic area, preferably in oncology.
- Ability to understand and interpret results from clinical trials
- Track record of collaborating with Investigators and working in Medical Communications
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage both internal and external resources
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in scientific or medical writing
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: