Position: Medical Affairs Program Manager
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The primary responsibility of the Medical Affairs Program Manager is to ensure efficient completion of all projects critical to the strategic and operational objectives of the Karyopharm Medical Affairs team. The Program Manager should have strong project management skills to support achievement of Medical Affairs initiatives, and to track the completion of cross-functional projects.
- Under the direction of the Head of Medical Affairs Operations, coordinate tactics, resources and logistics to ensure that the Medical Affairs team executes deliverables and ultimately meets its strategic goals.
Congress Strategy & Execution
- In collaboration with the Medical Affairs disease leads, develop annual product congress strategy and objectives for the global and US teams in close collaboration with other members of the Medical Affairs team
- Coordinate global congress activities and tactics with commercial team
- Support the cross-functional congress committee in identified initiatives, including coordination of Medical Affairs resources and activities
- Assemble content for the medical affairs booth in collaboration with Medical Affairs stakeholders, as well as supporting third-party vendors
- Support the execution of pre-, during and post-congress medical activities
- Liaise with regulatory and compliance to ensure that all Medical Affairs congress-related activities are compliant with respective national regulations
Grant Strategy and Execution
- In collaboration with the Medical Affairs Disease Leads, develops a medical education strategy and objectives for disease areas in close collaboration with other members of the Medical Affairs team.
- Leads disease area educational needs assessment projects including setting strategic goals
- In collaboration with commercial, develop a company sponsorship strategy and facilitate decisions on identified programs
- Execute company sponsorships on selected opportunities that align with strategy
- Manages and is responsible for the strategic review, approval, and evaluation of educational grants
- Serves as the Congress Outreach and Medical Education strategic point of contact for interacting with grant requestors (i.e. academic institutions, professional societies, medical education providers) and internal partners including grant review teams, Legal, etc.
- Monitor the status of medical education programs and develop an audit process for live education programs
- Manage the grant system including contract generation, reconciliation and payment
- Manage US and global grants/sponsorship budget including reporting and deliverable reconciliation
- Designs and implements internal communication plans to share metrics and impact of supported educational activities
Medical Affairs Department Operations
- Support development and execution of Medical Plans primarily by being the point of reference for internal stakeholders as well as outside partners (e.g. vendors).
- Assist in the overall internal and external communications of the Medical Affairs team through creation of routine updates (e.g. newsletters) distributed to the global and cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with finance to oversee Medical Affairs financial objectives and provide monthly updates including expenditure forecasting, annual budget proposals, and trend analyses.
- Track and facilitate approval of contracts, requisitions and invoices within the company and facilitate relationships with outside vendors and partners.
- Plan logistics of team events as necessary.
Identify and perform other duties as assigned to ensure the successful operation of the Medical Affairs team.
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: