Position: Medical Affairs Disease Lead
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Medical Affairs Disease Lead is responsible for integrating scientific expertise and knowledge within an oncology disease area (e.g. myeloma, lymphoma, etc.) with brand strategies to ensure successful execution of Medical Affairs strategy for the Company’s marketed and emerging product portfolio. This will be fulfilled through the development of excellent working relationships with key opinion leaders and regional clinicians of influence.
- Assist in the development of Medical Affairs plans within the assigned oncology disease area.
- Act as a resource within Medical Affairs and to cross-functional partners for disease area and portfolio assets as assigned.
- Identify key national and regional oncology thought leaders and priority customers, build and maintain advocacy with these individuals. Work closely with field-based Medical Affairs staff (MSLs) and clinical research / operations teams to coordinate engagement and communication.
- Participate in the collection and exchange of scientific information important to Karyopharm development efforts (serve as a field-based extension of the in-house clinical team).
- Management of relationships between key opinion leaders and corporate product teams.
- Accumulate, synthesize, and provide actionable implications for key competitive information to aid the clinical and marketing teams in drug/brand development.
- Assist in developing investigator-sponsored trial (IST) strategy intended to supplement/support the sponsored clinical development plans for Karyopharm products.
- Help develop and manage to timelines publication plans for disease areas and portfolio assets as assigned.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and engagement of potential investigators for Karyopharm corporate trials.
- Assist the clinical trials team, as needed, in the ongoing support and communication with investigators on Karyopharm corporate trials.
- Education of priority customers on research and development projects.
- Develop key advocates as speakers to support Karyopharm products and strategies.
- Assist in the development of, and participate in, regional advisory boards and medical education programs
- Contribute scientific and clinical expertise to the development and execution of Medical Affairs training, commercial training, and customer educational activities.
- Provide subject matter expertise and act as faculty for internal programs supporting sales/sales training and marketing efforts and professional services.
- Represent Karyopharm at major oncology meetings and conferences, including meetings of the NCI Cooperative research groups.
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in the area of oncology through review of the scientific literature and attendance at key scientific meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in medical science (MD, PharmD, or PhD) is strongly preferred. Candidates without an advanced degree are required to have at least 5 years of industry MSL experience in the therapeutic area, and 7-10 years overall related experience.
- Patient care clinical experience in the therapeutic area (including sub-specialty) preferred
- Leadership experience (with direct reports or as an individual contributor) is a preferable trait
- Strong project leadership and management history required.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and priorities.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to compile and disseminate information to others in a cohesive fashion to assure a clear understanding of project status and direction.
- Solid understanding of drug development and life-cycle development of a product.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with internal collaborators and with thought leaders and to establish trust through the consistent demonstration of scientific expertise and satisfactory follow-through to requests; the ability to work effectively with key decision makers, both within and outside the Company.
- Excellent communicator, skilled at diplomacy and capable of effectively combining science and relationship building.
- Ability to understand and translate external customer and/or internal client needs into effective decisions and to drive results and strive for continuous improvement with high performance in the face of adversity a must.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: