Position: Manager Competitive Intelligence
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Competitive Intelligence Manager will lead, create and deliver integrated findings and insights using multiple sources on the diseases, pharmaceutical landscape and products of interests to Karyopharm. She/He will be responsible for consulting for the commercial and executive teams such that the organization maintains a strong competitive leadership and understanding. She/He will possess competitive analysis and oncology market analysis & monitoring, brand planning, situation analysis, project management and cross-functional alignment skills. The role will also be serving as a CI function expert to NPP and Pipeline/Portfolio partners to provide competitive landscaping and analysis to inform NPP, internal drug discovery, BD and external partnership opportunities.
- Develop competitive landscape analysis, business need understanding, knowledge gap identification, primary and/or secondary CI to fill gaps and communicate these insights to cross-functional partners and management
- Establish monitoring of competitive landscape and reporting methodology.
- Leverage data and specialty expertise in Competitive Intelligence external analysis, with marketing, finance, forecasting, market research, publications, scientific conference coverage, business development, medical and clinical affairs, strategic or tactical work streams for long-term and short-term impact.
- Able to be decisive in selecting methods and prioritization of competing strategic/tactical needs, strong budget/scope/program management, strong consultative influence skills.
- Strong skills in identifying competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical CI needs of Commercial and Executive Leadership Team, establishing both long-range and short-term business impact.
- Collaborate effectively with various internal stakeholders and/or manage vendors in the development and execution of the CI monitoring and reporting
- Supervise compliance of relevant SOP and industry ethics for CI operations, works with internal partners to ensure compliance
- Proactively develops and implements new and innovative solutions to meet business needs and resolve business issues.
- Aligns, monitors and reports on team-specific project delivery, expenses, and other operational metrics.
- Build internal stakeholder relationships from a variety of groups (i.e. marketing, sales, data systems, procurement, Medical Affairs, Legal, Market Access etc)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other advanced degree, preferred, PhD or Scientific background a plus
- 5+ years analytical, consulting or pharmaceutical commercialization experience in oncology care required
- 3+ years experience in implementing processes, procedures, competitive intelligence in oncology environment required
- Advanced understanding of CI processes, methods, industry ethics and compliance, and specialty biologics is required, as well as bench strengths in CI execution for strategic-to-tactical recommendations.
- Proven ability to communicate, strategize and collaborate effectively with senior management.
- Thorough knowledge of drug commercialization
- Good business acumen, strategic thinking, analytical/financial skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders in a small and entrepreneurial team
- High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate Headquarters in Newton, MA or be willing to relocate
- Approximately 25% of domestic travel may be required to attend important meetings. Travel may be outside of normal working hours and over weekends
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: