Position: Finance Manager – Commercial
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
As Karyopharm progresses toward commercialization of its first marketed product, significant build-out of the Market Development/Commercial and Medical Affairs functions is necessary. We are building a finance team that will develop the capabilities to support potential launches of our lead compound in two indications over the next eighteen months. This position will be responsible for the financial management and business partnership support of these organizations, and it presents a unique opportunity for growth as our organization expands and adds commercial capabilities. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Sales Operations team and across the Commercial organization to accomplish the following:
- Preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans
- Providing regular reporting and insightful analyses of actual results vs. budget/forecast, focused on Sales, Marketing, and Medical projects and expenditure plus specific product sales, profitability, and trend analysis
- Maintaining headcount levels and recruiting plans with incorporation into budgets and forecasts
- Supporting department heads and teams to ensure accurate cost controls, expenditure reporting, and enhancement of financial understanding and knowledge
- Development of revenue models and other analytic tools, enabling, for example, scenario analysis, gross-to-net calculations, sales force compensation tools, etc.
- Developing and/or improving financial models to support detailed forecasting and planning, including full P&Ls, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements
- Leveraging the corporate financial systems and developing processes to deliver timely, distilled information to team leaders
- Assisting in quarterly audit reviews and Board of Director meeting materials preparation
- Performing ad hoc and special projects as requested by management
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other Quantitative field required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years total experience in a Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, or similar role, with at least 1 year of experience in support of a Life Science Company; strong preference for experience within the Commercial organization of a biotech.
- Strong Excel modeling skills; ability to build and forecast P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements required.
- Financial management experience with any of the following is desirable:
- Government pharmaceutical pricing, rebates, chargebacks, and gross-to-net calculations
- Salesforce compensation and commission plans
- Expense reimbursement policies and implementation
- Data management systems and reporting experience (e.g., Hyperion, Cognos, Business Objects, SQL Reporting Services)
- Life science / sales force-specific financial management issues (e.g., Sunshine act, fleet management, CME credit management, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement processes, etc.)
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to operate independently across numerous parts of the organization, is required.
- High self-motivation, multi-tasking ability, and keen attention to detail are required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is required, and experience with MS Dynamics GP and/or R&D Logic is a plus.
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: