Position: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Commercial)
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
This position will be responsible for the financial management and business partnership support of our Commercial and Medical Affairs teams, which are growing rapidly in anticipation of our commercial launch. This position will also have the responsibility for enhancing our internal managerial reporting processes and assisting in the synthesis of our corporate Long Range Plan. The Director is also expected to contribute significantly in the area of financial model development, development of standard practices, and enhancing the organization’s capabilities around financial data management. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
The Director will work closely with the Commercial organization to accomplish the following:
- Preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and long-range plans
- Providing regular reporting and insightful analyses of actual results vs. budget/forecast, focused on Sales, Marketing, and Medical projects and expenditure plus specific product sales, profitability, and trend analysis
- Maintaining headcount levels and recruiting plans and incorporation into budgets and forecasts
- Supporting department heads and teams to ensure accurate cost controls, expenditure reporting, and enhancement of financial understanding and knowledge
- Developing the appropriate processes and tools for calculating Gross-to-Net and government pricing / rebate administration
- Providing support, as necessary, for the development of revenue models and other analytic tools, enabling, for example, scenario analysis, sales force compensation tools, etc.
- Leveraging the corporate financial systems and developing processes to deliver timely, distilled information to team leaders
- Assisting in quarterly audit reviews and Board of Director meeting materials preparation
The Director will also partner with the FP&A Director – Clinical Development and the accounting team to:
- Lead the development and coordination of a multi-year Long Range Financial Plan that incorporates clinical and commercial prospects and enables long-term scenario planning.
- Assist in the development of standardized financial models to address clinical trial costs and associated commercial value
- Contribute to the development of efficient and integrated accrual processes and tools.
- Support the organization’s needs to improve the use of existing financial and data management systems and explore opportunities for improvement
The ideal candidate will have a background / orientation which includes the following:
- Proven track record in a Financial Planning and Analysis role within the commercial operations of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in team collaboration, cross-mentorship and knowledge sharing, and developing a positive team environment
- Experience in building well-architected Excel models for use by others in a variety of applications
- Responsibility for managing the budgeting / forecasting process in a complex organization
- Deep familiarity with financial management systems, BI tools, and database use in general
- Broad knowledge of accounting and financial processes and considerations, including the development of financial statements, revenue and expense recognition, capital markets, option theory, etc.
- Familiarity with incorporating database queries into Excel and/or other means of data integration; familiarity with VBA, SQL an advantage
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and get the required outcomes with the operating groups.
- BS in Economics, Accounting, Finance, or other quantitative field; MBA, CPA, or other advanced degree / certification in a relevant area considered a plus.
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: