Position: Corporate Accountant
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
This position is responsible for delivering high quality accounting documentation and analytical support. This position must also ensure the accuracy of the Company’s consolidated financial records and will be responsible for assisting with the monthly close process, various quarterly and year-end reporting requirements as well as be involved with special projects.
This position works closely with the Controller and the Accounting department staff as well as other members of the Finance organization. This position may also work closely with other areas including the legal department.
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations for various balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Calculate, analyze, and process various entries including accruals and recurring entries
- Perform ad hoc and special projects as requested by management
- Assist in quarterly review and annual audit preparations and process
- Assists with SOX compliance efforts in the finance area by performing established control procedures, documenting related internal control processes, and testing to ensure these controls are adhered to.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong Excellent computer skills. Strong proficiency in Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Analytic and problem-solving skills a must
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus
- Ability to work in fast pace environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task projects within given deadlines
- Experience with a life science company would be beneficial
- CPA is a plus
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: