Position: Corporate Account Director, Trade/GPO/Federal
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Corporate Account Director (CAD) will play a critical role in ensuring that Karyopharm and its products are well positioned for extensive customer/patient access at launch and ongoing revenue target achievement and growth within the assigned accounts. The CAD role will be broad in scope of responsibility, account base, and internal customer partnerships. Ultimately, the CAD will enhance Karyopharm business growth by identifying strategic partnering opportunities, developing business plans to capitalize on those opportunities, and optimally executing the plans in each account. The account mix may consist of any of the following market segments:
– Oncology Group Purchasing Organization (GPO)
– Specialty Distributors (SD)
– Specialty Pharmacy (SP)
– Key IDN/Institutions
When working with the assigned accounts, the CAD will partner with multiple internal resources and functional areas including, but not limited to, marketing, sales/sales leadership, medical/clinical, finance, legal, and the broader Market Access team to achieve corporate objectives. This role reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Accounts.
- Develop and lead the Karyopharm partnership with multiple key contacts across all accounts
- Identify opportunities to leverage Karyopharm products across market segments, both directly and indirectly
- Plan, initiate, negotiate and manage profitable business relationships and contracts with assigned accounts
- Develop and execute account specific business plans and provide ongoing business updates to Market Access team and other internal partners
- Manage and maximize internal resources, both financial and human, in meeting planned objectives with each customer
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Work collaboratively with Market Access colleagues and multiple functional areas in developing strategic and tactical plans
- Participate and assist in the planning of overall brand and corporate strategies on an ongoing basis and as part of various sub-teams and committees as needed
- Be viewed as the subject matter expert on assigned accounts, market segments, and issues that impact our relationship and ability to work with them
- Manage administrative and fiduciary duties as appropriate to the CAD role
- Operate within the framework of Karyopharm’s Corporate Values
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of relevant experience in Biotech/ pharmaceutical or Oncology space
- 3 years of Account Management experience in Biotech/pharmaceutical or Oncology space
- Comprehensive understanding of the key organizations and decision makers in the Oncology space
- Experience working with multiple Oncology market segments (ie GPO, SD, SP, Oncology focused institutions, other relevant partner organizations)
- Thorough knowledge of contracting process and terminology, language and expectations required.
- Proven ability to develop account level strategic and tactical plans, successfully executing against measurable metrics.
- High level of financial acumen and negotiations skills.
- Experience and success in generating and negotiating agreements within the Oncology space
- Willingness to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and self-prioritize workload.
- Willingness to travel up to 60 percent of time, which will include regional and national travel.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a focus on influence, impact and leading without formal lines of authority.
- Demonstrated skills working cross functionally with internal customers
- Demonstrated skills in building and executing business plans
- Experience in Oncology sales leadership preferred
- Launching of new product/start-up experience highly preferred
- Experience with oral Oncology products highly preferred
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: