Position: Compensation Manager
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
This position will help drive the strategy, implementation and management of our compensation, rules, workflows, approvals and programs that will enhance Karyopharm’s culture, ensure goal accomplishment and drive success. This includes surveying, analyzing and applying compensation data, designing job architecture (including job analysis), developing base pay, bonus, sales incentive and equity programs/structures, and developing effective communications and tools for our leaders and employees.
- Design, implement and communicate innovative, culture-oriented compensation programs including: base pay, bonus, sales incentive, employee recognition and equity structures and plans; may assist with executive compensation programs.
- Lead and manage year-end and mid-cycle compensation planning and execution process while working closely with leaders, HR business partners and the accounting/finance team.
- Develop communication programs, trainings and materials for both leaders and employees.
- Analyze market data, internal data and trends to devise compensation recommendations.
- Develop and/or analyze job architecture to include conducting analysis of jobs, pay and incentives, and evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness and legal compliance. Write and revise job descriptions using standardized format and methods; maintains job description directory with appropriate coding.
- Work closely with Talent Management and HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to develop career ladders and tie performance/contribution to rewards for our employees.
- Design and prepare analysis and reports for recommendations to company leaders, to improve workflow, and to enhance our Total Rewards programs.
- Act as internal consultant and counselor for HRBPs, company leaders and employees regarding compensation programs.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws governing compensation practices, including FLSA status determination, minimum wage laws and pay equity requirements.
- May support other total rewards and HR programs as needed.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Mathematics, Business Administration or other closely related degree.
- 7+ years’ experience in a compensation/total rewards role. Experience in other HR disciplines is helpful.
- CCP or related certification is preferred.
- Compensation experience in a life science organization is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing to deliver a wide variety of compensation programs.
- Experience in developing job architecture, analysis and evaluation is necessary.
- Ability to work independently, lead projects and be highly collaborative in teams.
- Expert-level analytical skills with strong attention-to-detail.
- Strong knowledge and practical application of compensation design and practices is required, including FLSA and minimum wage laws.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (such as pivot tables, vlookups and advanced calculations)
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and regression analysis.
- Strong MS Office applications skills.