Position: Brand Lead – Selinexor
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Brand Lead will be responsible for setting the US strategic direction, planning and overseeing the execution of Selinexor to ensure its optimal commercialization potential. The Brand Lead will also be responsible for planning and overseeing the commercial strategy for late development phase indications (registration trials under way). This leadership role is also responsible for; marketing to all external customers, leading agency and vendor relationships, establishing KOL relationships and leading cross functional collaboration internally and externally. This person will work closely with a multitude of Karyopharm functional groups, including but not limited to Sales, Market Access, Commercial Analytics, Marketing Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Medical Affairs, as well as business partners to ensure organizational alignment with the commercialization strategy of selinexor. The individual will report to the Vice President, Marketing & Portfolio
- Lead, Develop and execute the US Selinexor strategy that includes identification of key market issues, critical success factors for the brand, design of solutions, creation of brand vision, positioning and messaging including competitive strategies and marketing tactics. Lead VELCADE lifecycle planning activities including long term competitive planning and potential future indication launches
- Lead commercial launch team, comprised of functional brand team members such as Managed Markets, Sales, Commercial Operations, Distribution, Finance, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, and Patient Advocacy
- Work collaboratively with key thought leaders, academic institutions, cooperative groups, and professional and patient advocacy groups to validate commercial approach and secure launch readiness for possible new indications in the US.
- Provides input to cross-functional development, strategic and commercial teams, which defines and executes associated late stage product commercial/marketing activities to ensure commercial readiness
- Develop excellent working relationships with Commercial Analytics, Sales and Market access as critical internal customers
- Oversees and delivers on the execution of compliant US brand marketing plans and programs, both short and long term to drive in market success and maximize brand value. Including developing and managing department budgets, developing and refining department policies and procedures; and managing, mentoring and developing organizational resources
- Identify market research needs, align on market research plans with Commercial Analytics group, and translate competitive intelligence into product strategies and forecasting assumptions. Ensure alignment of Market Access strategic and operational plans with product plan
- Work with agency of record, strategic consultants, and other vendors as necessary to develop launch programming
- Appropriately develop and leverage relationships with key customers, including KOLs, MD networks, Advocacy and other industry contacts
- Provide input on global pricing strategies through product life cycle
- Monitor and manage brand budgets and forecasts, while evaluating cost effectiveness and results
- Hire, coach, develop, and retain managers and staff members. Creates compelling and robust development and succession plans for all key positions within the function.
- Inspires, aligns, mentors, motivates and mobilizes teams.
- Demonstrate company values on a consistent basis. Acts, and is accountable for others in his/her team to act, in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or science required. MBA Preferred
- Experience with commercialization of oral oncology therapies required
- Minimum of 8+ years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience with a minimum of 5+ years in US pharmaceutical pre-launch and launch marketing, new product commercialization or a combination of the above, however US product commercialization experience of 3+ years is required, with a requirement for experience in oncology.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, initiative, creativity and optimal way to position products and successfully defining, developing, marketing of products. The ideal candidate would have in-line marketing experience of oncology products, US pharmaceutical sales experience a plus.
- Experience should include Director level marketing responsibility for one or more products/product lines, including launch experience in a complex market landscape
- Experience launching brands from early pre-launch to completion preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing opportunity analysis, market building tools and strategy
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, analytical/financial skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders in a small and entrepreneurial team
- People management experience highly preferred
- High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate Headquarters in Newton, MA or be willing to relocate
- Approximately 40% of domestic travel will be required to attend important meetings. Travel may be outside of normal working hours and over weekends
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: