Position: Associate Director, Human Resource Business Partner
Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel first in-class drugs directed against nuclear transport targets for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases.
The Associate Director, HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on position that provides full cycle HR support. This person will be a critical team member who can influence and drive change within client groups and will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Karyopharm truly values HR and sees this role as an integral part of our success!
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on various issues to including the interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Leads investigations, terminations, PIPs and flexible work arrangements supporting managers during the process. Collaborates with legal as required
- Participates in the development and implementation of new HR policies and procedures according to relevant labor law and policy guidelines.
- Collects, researches, and analyzes HR data for assigned projects, and then makes recommendations.
- May participate in the development, implementation, communication, and administration of multiple HR programs and/or activities.
- Working knowledge of HR operations.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop/implement successful departmental and cross functional onboarding plans for the first 90 days
- Facilitate excellence in the implementation of Karyopharm people practices, including Performance Management, Career Development: identification of Top Talent; Workforce Planning.
- Partner with employees and managers at all levels to address and resolve employee relations matters as needed
- Contribute to the development and delivery of manager education initiatives.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in the HR field and a BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- Experience as an HR Business Partner in the Biotech/Pharma industry
- Passion for developing innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess good influencing skills.
- Requires full working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss with management basic organizational development matters and the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (training, compensation, benefits, etc.) with management.
- Must possess ability to present concise and clear presentations to company management and employees on the employee review process and distribution of merit increases.
- Experience supporting the functions of Regulatory, Quality and CMC preferred
Please fill in the contact form below to apply for this position: